- This event has passed.
The Redeye Experience
August 26, 2017 @ 9:00 am - 3:00 pm
If you haven’t experienced the bicycle friendly atmosphere of the Redeye Brewing Company in Wausau, this ride will provide just the opportunity! Ride up to brew pub where we will break to enjoy a tasty morsel or two from their artisan menu (on your own) and regroup if necessary. After which we will and return to Stevens Point at a more relaxed, digestive pace. With a brewmaster who is an avid cyclist, the Redeye has regularly sponsored cycling events, including the B3 Ride, the Wausau 24 and the Redeye Rendezvous, and the establishment’s decor reflects this passion.
We’ll set out together and head north of Stevens Point along the Wisconsin river, ride the causeways across Lake DuBay, pass through Knowlton and Mosinee. At Mosinee we’ll catch Marathon County bike route 7 to route 5, and then come into downtown via Sherman, East Thomas, and Prospect. After the stop, we’ll leave as a group again returning along the same route.
Food and Drinks:
Please provide for en-route nutrition according to your needs. At the Redeye, we will be stopping long enough for a meal (at your own expense).
Things to Remember:
- This is intended to be an inclusive, recreational ride; however, since what is an enjoyable, recreational pace can vary considerably, there is no guarantee or requirement that we all stick together in one group. You are encouraged to bring a friend with a similar riding style. The “No Drop Policy” is not in force.
- This course is not supported.
- You will be responsible for getting yourself back to the start point. You may need to rely on a map if you fall back from, or get out in front of, the group.
- Even though we will be riding on country roads, remaining single file or at most two abreast and on the right side of the road shows respect for motorists, represents our Club well and is highly recommended.
- The course will not be marked on the road.
- And as always, certified helmets are required to be worn when riding at all Heartland sponsored events.
You must be logged in to see who is registered.