Ride to Roche-a-Cri
July 1 @ 9:00 am - July 2 @ 2:00 pm
The destination of this ride is the Roche-a-Cri State Park, located in Adams County. The park does offer overnight camping, but continuing a few miles further into Adams/Friendship provides the option of restaurants and indoor lodging, allowing riders to choose according to their preferences. On Sunday, we’ll rendezvous at Roche a Cri for the ride back. Being an overnight event, please RSVP in order to be able to account for your lodging preference.
The ride is approximately 60 miles over mostly flat terrain.
Food and Drinks:
There is a grocery store nearby: The Adams Friendship County Market is roughly 3 miles from the Roche-a-Cri State Park entrance.
Things to Remember:
- This is an overnight ride. You are responsible for securing your own lodging for the night. Making your reservation in advance is strongly encouraged.
- This course is not supported. You’ll need to be able to transport your own gear. You can get by with very little, especially if you choose hotel/motel lodging, but there is no support vehicle.
- You will be responsible for getting yourself back to the start point. You may need to rely on a map if you fall back from, or get out in front of, the group.
- Even though we will be riding on country roads, remaining single file or at most two abreast and on the right side of the road shows respect for motorists, represents our Club well and is highly recommended.
- The course will not be marked on the road.
- And as always, certified helmets are required to be worn when riding at all Heartland sponsored events.
A GPS route will be provided
You must be logged in to see who is registered.