- This event has passed.
Eau Claire Dells/Antigo
July 22, 2017 @ 9:00 am - July 23, 2017 @ 4:00 pm
We’ll set our course for the Eau Claire Dells County Park in north-eastern Marathon County. The park does offer overnight camping, but continuing further into Antigo in Langlade County provides the option of restaurants and indoor lodging, allowing riders to choose according to their preferences. On Sunday, we’ll rendezvous at the Eau Claire Dells for the ride back. Being an overnight event, please RSVP in order to be able to account for your lodging preference.
The ride to Eau Claire Dells is approximately 45 miles over flat to rolling terrain. If you continue onto Antigo, the distance is longer – about 65 miles total. The terrain becomes progressively more rolling as we follow the terminal moraine of eastern Portage and Marathon counties.
Food and Drinks:
There are grocery stores and restaurants in Antigo (roughly 17 miles from the Eau Claire Dells). There is also a small market in Aniwa (6 miles from Eau Claire Dells).
Things to Remember:
- This is an overnight ride. You are responsible for securing your own lodging for the night. Making your reservation in advance is strongly encouraged.
- This course is not supported. You’ll need to be able to transport your own gear. You can get by with very little, especially if you choose hotel/motel lodging, but there is no support vehicle.
- You will be responsible for getting yourself back to the start point. You may need to rely on a cuesheet or map if you fall back from, or get out in front of, the group.
- Even though we will be riding on country roads, remaining single file or at most two abreast and on the right side of the road shows respect for motorists, represents our Club well and is highly recommended.
- The course will not be marked on the road.
- And as always, certified helmets are required to be worn when riding at all Heartland sponsored events.
A GPS route will be provided
You must be logged in to see who is registered.